Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thundercat Race. Taipei's First Alleycat.

Last Saturday I finally got my bike together! Still working on a name, suggestions welcomed.





It was just in time for Taipei's first ever alleycat, the Thundercat Race or 霹靂貓街頭單車賽.

Started in Ximen at a little after 10. I'm pretty sure close to 200 people came. There were some great bikes and some great riders. Oh and a crazy old man came up to me before the race and said "TWO WIFE!" and then walked away. Every minute for the next 15 minutes he would come back and sing something at me and then say "sorry" and walk away.

The checkpoints
National Taiwan University Main Gate
ZHONGXIAO FUXING Sogo Department Store
Xinyi Mitsukoshi Village Chanel Store.

Here's some pictures (most of which I didn't take)

bikes before the race:


Here comes the crazy again... quick look away:


blastoff:




the finish line:






only the finest. the finish line was in front of the Xinyi Mitsukoshi Chanel store:


blue line, the winners route. red line, my route... oops



Time to ride home:



2 comments:

Claire said...

I like your pictures. Hope you'll email us soon with the story of your race.

Erika said...

HEY NICE BLOG! I'm going to think of some bike names:

Nog
Frasier/Dr. Frasier Crane
Cecil
The Great Excape (to be pronounced with a lateral lisp)
Porkchop
Golden Gate Bridge II

more later.